Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Maysa Hazard

I can't believe it has already been a little over a week since we welcomed our little girl into the world!! I can't even tell you how much this tiny little thing has completely shaken up our lives but we absolutely love every single second of it!! SHE IS SOOOO STINKING CUTE!!! We spend hours just looking at her, every little yawn, stretch, smile, and frown is adorable and expands our love even more.  Neither of us knew it was possible to feel so blessed, happy, thankful for help, and completely overwhelmed with love! So far she has been a pretty great baby, she nurses well and sleeps for long periods during the night so I'm not sure what else you could ask for! We headed to the hospital on Tuesday morning at 7:30 they where going to try and flip her around so she wasn't breech any more but when the doctor got her turned about 1/4 of a circle her little heart rate dropped down to 60!! It was kind of scary for a second but he got her turned back and her heart rate went right back up but we all immediately decided a C-section was the best option! So with that the nurse threw Troy some scrubs, my dad gave me a real quick blessing and next thing I knew I was laying on the operating table. It was all so fast!! Crazy fast!! I don't know if it was the pain killers or what but everything was going so fast and seemed so surreal until I heard her first little cry... then everything stopped!! I immediately fell in love and when they held her up she was so precious and little it was the most amazing experience ever!! Troy got to go over and touch her and help them weigh her and stuff I just kept asking him if she was healthy, we where both so happy and felt so blessed.  The rest of the day was kind of a blur they brought me into a recovery room but I just wanted to hold her so I had them bring me her and we tried nursing, it all went really well... she is practically a professional eater!! Troy and I just both kept saying how we couldn't believe how small she was!! The whole time I was pregnant whenever we would talk about the baby Troy would hold up his hands and guess how big she would be, every time he did it I would be like, "no she is going to be bigger than that!" and move his hands apart even further... well turns out she was even smaller than either of us had ever held our hands and that was just amazing to both of us!! She had lots of visitors in the hospital and even tho I'm not sure what went on for a lot of that day I was so grateful India could come and capture some precious moments.  Once things settled down and some of my pain meds wore off it was just Troy, me and the baby that night and it was perfect.  Everything felt so right, we felt so blessed to have her and I can't even explain how much love I have for our little family! Troy is the absolute sweetest dad, I can already tell she is going to be a total daddy's girl, the fastest way to get her to sleep is to lay her on Troy's chest, she just curls up into a little ball and he rubs her back, it melts my heart to pieces. We officially named her that night, it was weird because the very first name we had ever talked about was Maysa, I just txt him one day and said if it's a girl we should name her Maysa.  He liked it and I think we have both always known it was going to be that but we where trying to keep our options open and wanted to wait until we had seen her, after taking a good long look at her we decided Maysa fit perfectly and Troy filled out the info for the birth certificate.  Here are the pics from the hospital and I'll try to post a little more about her first week home and all of the fun we are having as a little family as soon as I can!



Born: 9:38 am, Height: 18.5" Weight: 6lbs 6oz

Cousin Conrad is a little scared of her
Auntie India

Good thing I packed Troy a treat bag... it was a long day





Doctor Troy


Just because he is a dad doesn't mean he can't enjoy a fun dip ;)




My face was extremely itchy..... extremely!!! But I don't want to forget anything so even tho I look horrible I love this picture





Daddy Troy learning how to bath her

So sweet

<3






Because she was breech she was born with her legs bent, everyone kept calling her a frog but I think it was adorable 









Our family


Words can't even explain how in love we are








She has the cutest little round face






2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures and how much you guys love her! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute doll. Troy pretty much looks like a natural in the scrubs, maybe he should become a doctor.

    ReplyDelete