Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Baby Prepping


We are in full blown baby prep around here and excitement is rising.... ALOT!!  My parents came up last weekend with a truck full of furniture and helped us get things all organized and put together! I had my amazing mom paint all of the baby furniture a creamy light green so it all matches and it looks so good!! And after a week of painting, sewing, and crafting I think it is finally done! Troy thinks the baby might get overstimulated by the gold sparkle and color explosion... but I think she will like it!! Every time Troy walks in he says it looks like a completely different room and he just can't figure out where I keep getting all of the decorations or why a baby would need all of this stuff!! But getting it ready has been a blast and every thing just makes me more and more excited for our little girl to be here!







Troy's uncle Greg showing off their black diamond cross country trail choice.
Last weekend we got to go to Idaho to visit Troy's brother Tyson and his new baby Miri.  She is soo adorable! I couldn't put her down the entire time I was there!! And I am so excited for our little girl to arrive so they can be best friends/cousins!! It was great to be around Troy's family because his mom was in town from California and his other brother was also up from Provo to visit the new baby! So hopefully we didn't completely overwhelm Cambria, the new mom, because it was a blast to see everyone!  On Monday the boys all went cross country skiing while all of us sister-in laws and Leslie stayed home and had a spa day.  It was GREAT! Leslie even massaged my feet... best mother in law ever right!?




Troy boy and his friends after the races.
This Saturday was Troy's last day to go snowboarding without leaving a wife and baby home so he took advantage of that.  Beaver was having a little boarder cross competition that day and I kept telling him he should enter it! If you don't know what boarder cross is, I didn't either but apparently it's a race down a run with jumps, berms, and whoops.  I really wanted to come and watch him because I knew he would do really good, but he was a little embarrassed and he wasn't even sure if he was going to enter it so I just sent him on his way without a cheerleader to cheer him on.  And when he got home I was so mad at him for not letting me come because he won first place!! First he had to race in his heat which he won and then they did a heat with all the winners for the championship and he won it all!! I'm so proud of him!! And he is going to be so embarrassed I am even writing about this but basically I think he should start training for the Olympics now, so watch for him in 2018.  ;)



We built our fire outside of an Indian tee pee we found!!
That night we decided we better take advantage of our last weekend as a kid-less couple so we loaded up for our favorite kind of date night: jeeping, campfire, and tinfoil dinners!  It was great because we went to a spot we had gone right when we very first started dating and just talked about this past year, what a crazy/amazing/wonderful time of our life right now is and how excited we are for our little baby to come and start the next chapter of our lives together!
We jeeped to a good look out spot and made it there just in time for the sunset! 


So as far as the plan for the baby goes, we are going in on Tuesday morning and because the little stinker is still breech the doctor is going to try and flip her around.  If he gets her around he will break my water and induce labor and we should see her within a couple of hours! If the flipping procedure doesn't work then he will immediately take me in for a c-section and we will see her within like a half an hour! So either way, no matter what we get to see her that day and I am sooo excited! We are praying that she will flip so we can have a natural delivery, but there are pluses and minuses to either way so we are prepared for anything and mostly just want her to get here healthy and safe! So keep us in your prayers and we'll keep you up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment