Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jeep, Jeep, Jazz, Jeep, Jeep

So the other day I pull back the covers to go to bed and the entire bed is full of $20 bills...  I don't know why but my first immediate thought was pure fear!! I think it's because whenever you see that much cash on TV or in movies, it's usually a bad thing, like drug money, or murder, or bank robbing something bad and scary! But my fear quickly turned to anger as I realized Troy must have sold his Jeep without telling me!! Turns out I was right, he had sold it a couple of weeks before and just kept it a secret all this time until he could get the money out in cash for us to play with!!! The reason this made me mad was because I had been stressing about it for the whole time he hadn't told me!! I had asked him about it a couple of times and his odd answers made me just feel bad and I didn't want to stress him out so I wouldn't bring it up again for a couple of days but I was really getting worried we where never going to sell it! So after I let my anger subside I had something new to stress about.. now we had ALOT of cash in our little college apartment, Troy was insistent that he would use his new gun on anyone who tried to rob us so it was ok, but I was freaking out and after a few gangster pictures I made him take it right back to the bank!!
Gangster Trolio with his stacks on stacks


However that didn't last long because a couple of days later he found a new Jeep on KSL that he thought he might want to buy, so we drove all the way down to Salt Lake to test drive it and look at it; turns out it wasn't that great so we said no thanks and started heading home. We where looking for a place to eat on the way home and remembered that there was a Jazz game that night which meant McDonalds has chicken nuggets on sale, so we found the closest one and while we where eating we looked on KSL for some Jazz tickets we could by.  As luck would have it there was a guy giving away 8 free tickets just a couple minuets away from where we were so we went and snatched them from him, scalped the remaining 6 in front of the arena and then watched the game, which was Troy's first NBA game so I was pretty excited about that!! 
Jazz Game, we even snuck down to the lower bowl for the second half :)

A couple of days later I had to leave Troy in Logan while I went home to Heber to baby sit my brothers for a couple of days while my very deserving parents went on a Puerto Rican cruise!! Baby sitting was a disaster!! I called Troy every night and told him how I don't think we should have a baby, cuz I am going to be the worst mom ever... hahaha too late for that!!! And my brothers called Troy every night and said, "if you where our dad would you let us do this?" Troy would usually just laugh and say "I don't care, sure" so I had no support in any of my attempts at taming three crazy teenage boys!! hahaha, no it all worked out OK, for the most part, and I was happy my parents got a little vacation, because obviously they needed it after raising those three!! Also while I was there I sewed an entire quilt!! I used the fabric from my wedding tables and did just a simple patch quilt for the bed in our guest bedroom/babies room! I was super happy about it and pretty proud that I did it all without my mom there to help or encourage me! 
My beautiful quilt!!! So in love with all the colors! It's practically an explosion of floral prints!

On the weekend I drove the boys up to Logan and we went to our cousin Kierra's mission farewell, she was so sweet and is going to be such a good little missionary in Taiwan.  We sent my brothers back to Heber with my grandparents. Then the next day we headed... take a guess, back to Salt Lake to look at another Jeep! This one he liked so after a little discussion we bought it and named it Dozer! Troy was really excited about it and we got it for a good deal, and I was happy to own a Jeep again, for fun adventures, and so we don't have to share a car, and for DI treasures!! Being in Salt Lake was nice tho because we where right next to my dad's work so we where able to go to lunch with him and hear all about his trip!! 
Troy boy with his new Jeep Dozer!

Then we headed home so Troy could play with his new Jeep... which brings us to the next Jeep! While Troy was looking for parts for Dozer he came across another really good deal on KSL for a Jeep all the way in Ferron. I have tons of family down in that area and we would have loved to have gone down at a convenient time when we could have visited them and made a trip out of it, but Troy was worried the guy would sale it to someone else so we loaded up and drove there yesterday after his classes. So you're probably wondering why we where buying another Jeep... I was wondering the same thing, actually I'm still wondering because they honestly look like twins, exact same year, same color everything! But Troy insists that the lift is different, and this is different, and the wheels, and the bumpers, and this and that and everything makes them "completely different." But it's kind of like twin babies, when the proud parents are the only ones who can tell them apart, Troy is the proud parent who knows all the little details that make them individual, but they look identical to me! But anyway, back to why, Troy wants to fix one or both up and sale them, so I just have to keep reminding myself it is for the better, and he is one of the few people blessed enough to be able to make money doing something he absolutely loves, and we get to play around in them while they are in the fixing process, so it is all good!! We named the second Jeep Gilly, it was really funny how it got it's name! On the way to Ferron I took like a small 15 minuet nap in the car and when I woke up the first thing I said was, "Gilly, the Jeeps name is Gilly!" Troy was just like, "What, where did that come from? We haven't even seen it yet!" I didn't really know where it came from, I use to nanny a little girl named Gilly but I have no idea why I thought that should be the Jeep's name so I told him it must have been inspired because I just woke up thinking it and he laughed and said "whatever we'll think about it after we actually see it and decide to buy it." But then.... we get all the way to the little small town of Ferron and the guy wants us to meet him in the one gas station in town, we pull in and right in front of us there is this huge sign that says Gilly's gas station! We both just burst out laughing and immediately agreed it's name had to be Gilly. Now if only we could name our baby girl as easily as we can name Jeeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment