Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Friday Fail

So being a kid-less stay at home mom has been interesting! I don't want to say I am bored because honestly I don't even know where my days go, I cook and clean and sew and decorate and just try to get ready for the baby! But sometimes while Troy is gone to school I get a little lonely around the house by myself! So I was really looking forward to Friday because we would get to play!  I had decided we should take his new Jeep, Dozer, out and go Jeep camping! So I spent all day Friday getting prepared, I baked treats for us, got our tinfoil dinners all ready, loaded up the sleeping pad and sleeping bags, packed yummy breakfast for the next morning, I was very proud of my ability to be a camping wife... because I sooo do not camp! But I was sure everything was going to be perfect! Troy ended up getting home a little later than usual, so we didn't make it out until about 4:30 but I was still certain it was all going to be great!! So we head out to the mountains, we turn off onto this snow covered dirt road and start heading up, when we get to the road we where going to go up to camp there is a big gate and apparently the road is closed for the winter! So then we where trying to turn around and we got stuck in a huge snow covered ditch!! So Troy gets out the shovel and starts digging us out in every way possible but nothing is working! We where really, really stuck!! So I got out of the car and started trying to help, in whatever way a 35 week pregnant lady can help! So Troy has me sticking the shovel down under his front tire to get traction while he slowly backed it out. Well one time in during our many attempts to try this somehow the shovel spun under the wheel and the handle came back and hit me on the head!!! It didn't hurt that bad it was really just a light tap, but I fell to the ground and looked up at Troy and just started bawling... again 35 weeks pregnant, my emotions are a little out of whack OK? But it was dark, and cold, and we where stuck, and nothing was going as planned!! Troy got out and hugged me and made me laugh at how silly I was being then got back in and on the very next try we got unstuck! But by this time it was too dark and late to find any place to camp, and we where both just exhausted and ready to give up so we went off roading for a little bit then just came home.

Off Roading with Dozer, it was very cold!!

 Once we where home and unloaded everything we had just loaded up I tried to cook our tinfoil dinners in the oven... that didn't work! So we where stuck with a frozen casserole out of the freezer! While we where eating Troy could see how sad I was that nothing was working so he went outside and brought in our little tent.  We set it up in the living room, popped some pop corn and watched the X-games until we fell asleep.  It ended up being perfect.

Living Room Camping and watching the X-games

  So even tho everything was a huge fail, it worked out better than I could have planned, and I was mostly just happy to be with my cute hubby all night.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, your stories are so cute and funny! I know how you feel being the childless stay at home mom, that's how I was before I had Fife! I was never really bored but it definitely got lonely sometimes. This story reminded me of the time I made up a dinner of hamburgers and homemade potato salad and I asked Taylor to bring home some baked beans to have with it, I was so excited for this dinner because it reminded me of home and I wanted Taylor to see how the flavors were so perfect for each other. Well Taylor came home and I had it all on the table ready to eat and I ask him for the baked beans and he pulls out just regular old pinto beans, he really thought they were the baked beans I wanted. Well being the pregnant lady I was I just started bawling. Five minutes later it was the funniest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stories Aubree! I was the childless stay at home mom for 9 months and some days just get loooonngg. Way to make it a memorable weekend anyways!

    ReplyDelete